Our ‘Huts Walk’ programs are designed for those who love to hike and explore (no matter your level of experience) and want a continuous journey – multiple days, start to finish without leaving the trail but prefer the idea of sleeping in a hut with a bed and mattress. While we take care of all the group equipment (cooking equipment, food etc) and mattresses are provided in the huts, you will need to be capable of carrying your personal clothing and sleeping bag, approximately 6-10 kgs.
If you don’t mind sleeping in a lightweight hiking tent and plan to walk the whole length of the GPT over a number of visits, check out our Expedition programs.
If you like creature comforts like a hot shower at the end of each day and walking pack free – check out our Grampians Luxe programs.
- Hiking boots/shoes or sturdy trail runners
2 – 3 pairs of hiking socks
A comfortable pair of footwear for the evening (optional)
- 1-2 Hiking shirt
- 1 pair of hiking shorts
- 1 pair of hiking pants
- Light warm layer for daytime
- Heavy warm layer for nighttime
- Waterproof rain jacket and pants
- 1 x set of thermal baselayers (If travelling outside of summer)
- Sun hat
- Warm beanie (If travelling outside of summer)
- Neck warmer or ‘buff’ type multipurpose UV resistant neck tube (optional)
- UV resistant and polarised are recommended
- Sunglasses strap
- Warm gloves (If travelling outside of summer)
Health and hygiene
- Personal toiletries
- Sunscreen (min UPF 30+)
- Small facecloth
- Feminine hygiene (if required)
- Lip Balm (or pawpaw cream from your first aid kit)
- Personal Medications
- Pain killers (whatever works for you)
- Throat lozenges
- Anything else you think you might need
- Personal first aid kit
- This is for general/basic first aid maintenance and doesn’t. Blister dressings, bandaids, pawpaw cream, your above medications, burn/bite/antiseptic cream etc. should all fit into a sandwich size zip lock bag!
- Small waterless hand sanitiser
- Emergency toilet paper stash – just in case!
- Hiking pack – 45-60L
- Sleeping bag – rated appropriately to your season of travel
- Hiking cutlery/crockery set (cup, bowl, plate, spoon, fork)
- Trekking poles (optional – recommended to have rubber stoppers on the ends)
- Ability to carry 2L of water (Bladder or bottles)
- A few small accessory carabiners (handy to clip drink bottles etc)
- Head Torch with spare batteries
- Waterproofing system for your backpack – This could simply be a large garbage bag as a pack liner and a few zip-lock bags for important items such as phone/camera
- Camera! (optional)
- 1 x awesome attitude (this cannot be hired, must be brought from home)
Need help deciding? We’re here for you.
Want to know more? Speak with an expert. Call us, email us, or visit us in Halls Gap – we’re looking forward to hearing from you!