Our Grampians Pinnacle Walk ‘Expedition’ programs are designed for those who love to hike and explore (no matter your level of experience) and prefer the idea of a continuous journey – multiple days, start to finish without leaving the trail. While we provide as much support and comfort as we can on the Grampians Pinnacle Expedition Walk, we’ll be camping in lightweight hiking tents, sleeping on your inflatable hiking mattress, and staying in campsites equipped with composting tank toilets (but no showers!). We take care of all the group equipment (tents, cooking equipment, food etc) but you will need to be capable of carrying your personal clothing, sleeping bag and mattress, approximately 8-12 kgs.
If you like creature comforts like a hot shower at the end of each day and walking pack free – check out our Grampians Luxe programs!
- Hiking boots/shoes or sturdy trail runners
- 3-4 pairs of good hiking socks
- A comfortable pair of footwear for the evening (optional)
- 1-2 Hiking shirt
- 1 pair of hiking shorts
- 1 pair of hiking pants
- 4 days worth of comfortable underwear
- Light warm layer for daytime
- Heavy warm layer for nighttime
- Waterproof rain jacket and pants
- 1 x set of thermal baselayers
Head and hands
- Sun hat
- Warm beanie
- Neck warmer or ‘buff’ type multipurpose UV resistant neck tube (optional)
- UV resistant and polarised are recommended
- Sunglasses strap
- Warm gloves
Health and hygiene
- Personal toiletries
- Sunscreen (min UPF 30+)
- Small facecloth
- Feminine hygiene (if required)
- Lip Balm (or pawpaw cream from your first aid kit)
- Personal Medications
- Pain killers (whatever works for you)
- Throat lozenges
- Anything else you think you might need
- Personal first aid kit
- This is for general/basic first aid maintenance and doesn’t. Blister dressings, bandaids, pawpaw cream, your above medications, burn/bite/antiseptic cream etc. should all fit into a sandwich size zip lock bag!
- Small waterless hand sanitiser
- Emergency toilet paper stash – just in case!
- Hiking pack – 45-60L
- Sleeping bag – rated appropriately to your season of travel
- Inflatable hiking mattress
- Trekking poles (optional – recommended to have rubber stoppers on the ends)
- Ability to carry 3L of water (Bladder or bottles)
- A few small accessory carabiners (handy to clip drink bottles etc)
- Head Torch with spare batteries or USB rechargable
- Waterproofing system for your backpack – Sleeping bag and warm layers must be waterproof, this could be with dry compression bags or simply just a heavy-duty garbage bag
- Camera! (optional)
- 1 x awesome attitude (this cannot be hired, must be brought from home)
Need help deciding? We’re here for you.
Want to know more about the Grampians Pinnacle Walk? Speak with an expert. Call us, email us, or visit us in Halls Gap – we’re looking forward to hearing from you!